Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Heart Is Just Melting!...And So Close To Valentine's Day!

Hello everyone!!! Today is February 13th, the day before Valentine's Day, and it is also cycle day 17 for me. When I woke up this morning I didn't know that this day would be so good. Yesterday my skin was really bumming me out. I was breaking out with 2 cystic acne bumps, one on my right cheek and another on the left side of my chin. I was thinking to myself how I would have to make myself a dermatology appointment tomorrow to get the little buggers taken care of with cortisone injections. For the past week are so I have been doing my usual routine...waking up, going to work, making sure I didn't drink a thing and around 10am going to the bathroom to check my ovulation for the day. This past week wasn't that great. I hadn't ovulated and my doctors appointment kinda blew. Well today was going to change that! When I woke up this morning I made my breakfast, took my prenatal vitamin and one of my Metformin pills. I made sure the only thing I drank was the bit of water I used to swallow my pills. I knew I was going to check for ovulation and I didn't want to dilute my urine. Around 11:45 am I went to the bathroom and collected my urine in a cup. I currently have 2 different types of ovulation strips. The first ones are my cheap-o ones I ordered off of Amazon.com and I also have some First Response ones. The First Response ones are a lot more expensive then the Amazon ones and I don't get as many of them. My plan was to use my cheap strips everyday and if I got what I thought was a positive reading then I would use my First Response ones to confirm it. Well as soon as I dipped my cheap strip in the urine I watched as the urine got absorbed up the strip. I could quickly see the result line darkening. I waited for about 5 minutes and this is what I saw....
I yelled out to Nick who was in the living room watching Tommy Boy, "I think I'm ovulating!!!!!!!!" Since I thought this was a definite positive I went ahead and dipped the First Response strip, and this is what I saw...

I know this picture isn't that great but the left line is the result line and the right one is the control line. My left line is actually a bit darker and thicker then the control line (I know you all may not be able to tell that by the picture, sorry) So obviously Nick and I BD and plan on trying again tonight, tomorrow morning and evening, and probably the next day after that just to make sure. Seeing that I am ovulating makes me so happy because I was so worried that I wouldn't and also because I did not take my Clomid this cycle, per my doctor's advice since I got that weird sporadic cycle last time. It feels good to know I can ovulate on my own as long as I take my Metformin like I should 3 times a day. This ovulation also explains the cystic acne issue I'm currently having, but knowing I am ovulating the cystic acne can bring it on! It defiantly makes it easier to deal with! Well I will talk to you soon! Here's to the 2 week wait!!

1 comment:

  1. WOOOHOOOO!!!! I told you! 11/11/11 This is the date!!!!!!

    I Love you Both!

    ReplyDelete